As growth opportunities continue to dwindle in more developed economies, large healthcare companies have made the emerging markets a strategic priority.
- With a GDP of more than $8 trillion, China is poised to become the world’s third-largest pharmaceutical market in 2011.
- The second tier of Brazil, Russia and India is expected to add $5-15 billion per country in annual sales to the global pharmaceutical market by 2013.
- A third tier of 13 countries is expected to contribute $1-5 billion per country in annual pharmaceutical sales growth by 2013. It includes: Venezuela, Poland, Argentina, Turkey, Mexico, Vietnam, South Africa, Thailand, Indonesia, Romania, Egypt, Pakistan and Ukraine.
Success in such diverse and far-flung markets is not a simple matter of doing what’s worked elsewhere; each of these emerging markets has its own risks, challenges, and nuances — and each calls for a special approach.
We work with leading healthcare companies worldwide to help them shape strategies and execute plans to capitalize on growth opportunities in emerging markets. Our unwavering focus on the global healthcare and pharmaceutical industry over the past 55+ years has enabled us to understand the health metrics, microeconomic factors, cultural beliefs and practices that dictate what strategies will be successful in these markets.
Learn more about IMS Consulting Group capabilities in the emerging markets.
Companies can draw on our experience to help them:
- Forecast performance
- Understand the competition
- Tailor the portfolio
- Optimize pricing and market access
- Capture the value of medicines
- Launch successfully
- Combination of local and global data, strong analytics, and the know-how of 130+ on-site consultants.
- Strategic recommendations on where the greatest opportunities lie.
- Best practices drawn from thousands of strategic engagements worldwide.
- Process management expertise to go beyond defining a strategy to implementing it.
- Commitment to work alongside local affiliates to ensure strategic success.
Pharmerging Market Insights
Find out what types of companies have the best chance of success in emerging markets — and what they’ll need to do differently to ensure a path to profitability in the fastest-growing markets.
Inside this Issue:
- Pursuing Growth in the Age of LoE
- Global Cost Containment Measures in Asia-Pacific
- China’s Consolidating Pharma Distribution Industry
- The Changing Face of Pharma Sales Forces in India